If you have a family of four and are looking for the perfect cooking appliance, then an air fryer might be just what you need. This fun kitchen appliance fries food by using super-heated air for cooking your favorite foods from around the world in a healthier way!
What Makes an Air Fryer an Excellent Choice for a Family of Four?
There are many reasons air fryers make an excellent choice today:
- Bakes & roast: You can use it to bake food items or even roast.
- Simple cleaning process: Cleaning an air fryer is simple and easy, especially that there’s hardly any oil used.
- Reduced calorie intake: Air fryers can reduce fat and calories intake without compromising the taste.
- No uneven cooking: Rest assured, you won’t get any uneven cooking because the food will get cooked thoroughly. There are some instances, though, when you need to flip food items.
- Economical: Air fryers are easy to use and come with a timer. Mom of the time, you also don’t need to use oil for certain food items.
- Safety: Air fryers are deemed safe because there’s no popping or explosion of oil involved.
Here are some things you need to look for in an air fryer:
Air fryers come in various sizes—small, medium, and large. Many homeowners prefer to get the large one because it allows them to cook almost everything. For example, if you plan to use it for cooking a whole chicken, you need a large one.
On the other hand, a small one that is 2 liters in size will do for a family of four.
Make sure the kitchen outlet supports the watts consumption of the air fryer you will choose. Air fryers come in 800 watts to 1500 watts. However, the are air fryers that come with 1800 watts and more.
The temperature you set your air fryer will impact the food you cook in it. Most of them cook well when the temperature is over 400 degrees. In fact, higher temperatures are more beneficial when it comes to cooking food more quickly.
Make sure the air fryer is well-insulated with cool-touch hand grips, so you don’t get burned when you pull out the basket. Another thing is that the base of the machine should be non-slip so the air fryer stains place. It’s also crucial to get an air fryer with an automatic shut-off to prevent over-cooking of food.
The extra features of air fryers should be considered as well. These features will make your life much easier. Try to look for air fryers that come with nonstick baskets and are dishwasher safe. That way, you won’t have a hard time cleaning the basket.
What You Need to Know About Air Fryers
The perfect air fryer for a family of four is out there, but before you make the purchase, there are some things to know about it first.
- There are different types: You will be surprised to find a lot of air fryers on the market today that comes in various type. Usually, they are any of the two popular models—a convection-oven air fryer and a basket air fryer. A convection-oven air fryer works like a mini toaster or convection oven. On the other hand, the basket air fryer is more traditional that features a compartment to cook the food in. Make sure you research first to find the one that suits your lifestyle.
- They can take up a lot of space: Air fryers come in various sizes, and it’s crucial you know that they can take up a lot of counter space. However, there are small ones that can fit in a cabinet.
- They cook fast: One of the reasons air fryers are so popular is because they make cooking a lot easier and faster. Most of the foods you place in an air fryer can take less than 15 minutes to cook fully.
- You need to flip most foods: To achieve an even cook, you need to flip most foods halfway through the cooking time.
The Best Air Fryers for a Family of 4
If you’re budget-conscious, the GoWISE USA digital air fryer is one of the best solutions for you. This will cover all the basics! It’s a 5.8-quat fryer that features a touchscreen display. With this, you can make enough food to serve up to five people.
It has a 30-minute timer and shake reminder. The air fryer also comes with eight presets for making snacks and meals. It features a temperature setting of 190 to 400 degrees.
Keep in mind that the nonstick and detachable basket isn’t dishwasher safe.
For an easy-to-use air fryer, this Philips air fryer is one of the best choices. It features a digital touchscreen that is easy to ready and lets you find the right temperature, time, and setting. Additionally, it comes with a built-in timer with a ready signal that is loud enough to hear.
You will also find that it has a nice large heat range and you can set the temperature easily.
This air fryer is open of the larger models out there today, which means that if space is an issue, you really need to think it thoroughly. It could also be tricky to fit this into a cabinet. Therefore, make sure you measure the space carefully.
Another ideal air fryer for a family of 4, the Ninja air fryer will let you cook anything. It has the largest temperature range out there, which makes it a good option for a family of four.
It’s easy to use and it comes with four programmable settings. Each setting will let you choose temperatures and times that will work best for you.
Moreover, the Ninja AF101 comes with a compact and sleek design, which is perfect if you want to save space in your kitchen.
With an air fryer, it is possible to create delicious and healthy dishes. An air fryer is a small appliance that cooks food with hot circulating air. It will give your kids the same foods they love but in a healthier way! You can even get rid of all those oils and still get great taste.