Transform your cooking into a delightful adventure by having a ceramic knife in your kitchen. But, not just any knife— you need to find the best ceramic knives. These knives are not meant to replace any kitchen tool you already own; this can jive with what’s already in there, and work its purpose for less stressful meal preparations.
This article has five of the best ceramic knives that are out in the market today. To give you more info on these products, we also included a section of the tips and tricks on how to maintain ceramic knives along with a brief buying guide.
The Usual Features of The Best Ceramic Knife Sets
Ceramic blades have razor-sharp edges for more effective slicing, cutting, and chopping of delicate food. Some products may differ when it comes to thickness, but the sharpness is all the same. You won’t ever have to think twice, just slice!
Plastic or Silicon Sheath and Handles
Feel the comfort in using a ceramic kitchen knife set with the non-slip handles made of either plastic or silicon. Some products also come with matching exclusive sheaths to preserve the sharpness and for safety as well.
All-Purpose Knife Pieces
Ceramic knife sets have various kinds of knife pieces that have different functions. Three of the most common knives included in one package are a Chef’s knife, a Paring knife, and a Utility knife. If not all, most of the leading brands have all three in one kit.
Combination of Classic and Modern Design
The ceramic innovation in kitchen knives is a combination of the classic and modern design of one of the most useful cooking tools. Ceramic knives still have the same outline as with the traditional steel or metal knives but with the quality and performance that only this kind of material can achieve.
All The Good Things That Ceramic Knives Can Bring
Here are the highlight qualities of ceramic knives to help you decide before buying.
- Antibacterial quality
Ceramic materials inactivate even the toughest form of bacteria, which makes it beneficial when used in producing kitchen tools.
- Lightweight quality
Heavy metals strain our hand grips when used within long hours. For those who are in the kitchen most times of the day, it’s more efficient to use lightweight tools, such as a ceramic knife.
- Non-rust quality
They’re safer to use on food compared to metal or steel knives because ceramic blades are lesser prone to rust and tarnish.
How To Care For Your Ceramic Knife
- Ceramic knives should be used on wooden, plastic, or bamboo cutting boards only.
- Never force the cut on food ingredients. The sharp ceramic blade should cut or slice directly without needing to press down the edge with extreme pressure. Avoid doing the following:
- Chopping bones
- Cutting frozen/hard food
- Striking on hard surfaces
- To keep ceramic knives sharpened, they require a diamond grit electric sharpening wheel. However, the ceramic material does not necessarily need frequent sharpening. If properly cared for, ceramic blades can last for a few years without resharpening.
- Store your ceramic knives in protected boxes or drawers, away from constant friction against other kitchen items. Some products come with a protective plastic or silicon guard that fits perfectly around the knife. However, if the one you have does not have separate covers, you can also place them on wooden knife blocks. If you wish to keep them out of sight, you can cover them with a cloth and wrapped individually inside a container.
The 5 Best Ceramic Knives For Your Kitchen: 2019 Reviews
We prepared five reviews of the best ceramic knives that every kitchen must-have. All these products are made of 100% pure ceramic blade materials and not ceramic-coated. Expect only the premium quality of all the top best-selling products in the market. Here goes a quick rundown on everything we found out:
- Shenzhen Knives 3-piece Ceramic Kitchen Knife Set
This brand offers exceptional quality and beautiful design on kitchen tools, and now on ceramic kitchen knives. The Shenzhen Knives 3-piece Ceramic Kitchen Knife Set is a cut out for an addition to your most ideal cook set. It works fantastically for soft cutting techniques on food ingredients such as spices, fruits, vegetables, etc. The knife blades fashioned of sharp and durable zirconia material can perform precise and smooth cuts, resistant to acidic chemicals, and a rust-proof feature for long-lasting use. The compact, non-slip black handles are also specially made for your everyday comfort. It’s such a catch!
- 6-inch Chef’s Knife, 5-inch Tomato Knife, and a 3-inch Paring Knife
- Well-balanced ceramic blade design with ergonomic handles
- Ultra-sharp zirconia material lasts 10-15 times longer than steel blades
- Lightweight and easy to clean edges
- Rust-proof and resistant to acids
- Perfect for chefs and all kitchen enthusiasts
- The blades are thicker compared to other brands
- Not recommended for hard or frozen products
- Wacool 3-Piece Ceramic Knife Set
This ceramic knife set has an exceptional construction that is spectacularly light with perfectly engineered balance and blades 15 times sharper than steel. The Wacool 3-Piece Ceramic Knife Set underwent meticulous forging with state of the art Cold Isostatic Pressing process (CIP) before being superheated. It is successfully achieved to not only to get sharper, but stronger and harder blades that are superbly ideal for your cooking needs. The handles are built with boldness and with just the right size for gripping and handling all sorts of soft food ingredients. You can take one for your home or as a housewarming gift for a close friend or relative who is also crazy about amazing kitchen tools.
- 6-inch Chef’s Knife, 5-inch Utility Knife, and 4-inch Fruit Paring Knife
- Classic white ceramic blade with an option for black or multicolor handles
- Razor-sharp edge with less surface resistance
- Soft-touch handle
- Impervious to chemical leakage
- BPA-free PerfectFit sheath
- Ultra-light for nimble kitchen use
- Intended for professional chefs and home cooks
- Not recommended for carving, boning, or prying hard ingredients
- Voov Professional 5-Piece Pure Ceramic Knife Set
The Voov Professional 5-Piece Pure Ceramic Knife Set has high-quality, ultra-hard, wear-resistant ceramic blades for durability and sharp precision. This kitchen tool has all the kinds of knives that you’ll find useful for your cooking. Nothing can stop you from slicing, dicing, mincing, and chopping needs, especially for soft and non-frozen food ingredients. The best thing about this set is that it comes with a box, which can be wrapped straight for gift-giving. Such an excellent accessory to your kitchen collection!
- 7-inch Chef’s Knife, 6-inch Serrated Knife, 5-inch Santoku Knife, 4-inch Paring Knife, Knife Block, and a Cutting Board
- Pure, effortless, and ultra-sharp performance ceramic blades
- Ergonomic and lightweight handles to reduce wrist stress
- Non-reactive and dense zirconium dioxide
- Germ-resistant, non-odorous, and easy to clean
- Never rusts and resistant to acidic food chemicals
- Requires little to no sharpening
- For restaurant chefs and at-home moms and dads
- Not recommended for slicing, chopping, and carving hard and frozen ingredients
- Jeslon 4-Piece Multi-Color Ceramic Knife Set
Make your cooking life easier with the premium Jeslon 4-Piece Multi-Color Ceramic Knife Set. This brand created high-quality blades with safety right in the balance. You can use this kitchen ceramic knife set for superior cooking of anything that you can imagine from meat viands, salads, seafood, and more. The mineral hardness can withstand slicing, carving, and chopping fruits and vegetables, and can even work for de-boning pork and chicken meat. Specialized comfort grip handles give you balanced chopping and carving control. Go ahead and be creative in preparing exquisite meals in your own kitchen without worrying about exhausting your hands.
- 3-inch Paring Knife, 4-inch Fruit Knife, 5-inch Utility Knife, and 6-inch Chef Knife
- Hard and sturdy zirconia blade material
- Rust-proof and non-corrosive for superior cutting experience
- Non-absorbent of unhealthy food chemicals
- Designed with anti-slip handles for an excellent comfortable grip
- Lightweight and portable for secure storage during travels
- For experienced chefs and beginner cooks
- Not recommended for chopping bones
- Kyocera Advanced Ceramics – Revolution Series 3-Piece Ceramic Knife Set
Created with advanced ceramic technology is Kyocera’s Revolution Series 3-Piece Ceramic Knife Set. This kitchen knife is enabled by a company in Japan that develops kitchen tools and cutlery that are of high-quality and performance. Every knife works individually either for chopping slicing fruits, vegetables, and boneless meats. The stabilized blades are for precise control of different cutting tasks. This set is all-purpose and for everyday cooking, because it is kitchen-user friendly for pros and amateurs. You can have your slice of food however you want them.
- 6-inch Chef’s Knife, 5-inch Micro Serrated Knife, and 3-inch Paring Knife
- Solid and pure ceramic materials
- Performs ten times longer than steel blades
- Lightweight material for convenient use
- Rust-proof, resistant to acids, and easy to clean
- Fitting for all types of food preparations
- Made for home cooks and professional chefs alike
- Fewer knife-piece set
- Not recommended for hard or frozen food
Our One Final Pick
A round of applause for the best ceramic knife set for 2019— the Kyocera Advanced Ceramics – Revolution Series 3-Piece Ceramic Knife Set. The simple and classic design suits the most comfortable cooking partner for everyone. The familiarity of the grip and blade performance is advantageous for those who have been cooking quite a long time. The plain knife structure is also foolproof for first-timers who are still learning their way in the kitchen. Of course, all the other four products also highlight comfort on meal preps. Yet, only Kyocera has revolutionized ceramic technology that has long been proven to deliver reliable kitchen products. This knife set is precisely the kind of essential everyday kitchen tool that demonstrates usefulness in all sorts of cooking.